Paleo Pumpkin Bread
This recipes is great for anyone who is grain or gluten free. It is high in protein, low in carbs, and rich in healthy fats, making it more nutritious than regular bread. And the best thing about this recipe is it’s super easy to make with only four ingredients.
2½ cups of ground almond meal or buckwheat*
1 cup of cooked (steamed or boiled) butternut pumpkin
1 tablespoon of ghee, coconut oil, or other healthy
A pinch of salt, if desired
*processed to a coarse meal in a food processor if purchased whole – other nuts and seeds can be used as an alternative
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl on low, making sure not to over-mix.
- Line a bread tin with baking paper and pour mixture in.
- Place in a moderate oven (180°C) for 45-60 minutes. The loaf should be firm and browned on the top and a skewer should come out clean.
- Gently turn the loaf onto a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Slice to desired thickness with a serrated knife. You can eat it fresh or toasted.
- Store wrapped or in a sealed container in the fridge.